Trailer Frame Preparation

DSC_3577.JPG (1677333 bytes)

New Axle installation.........  WoW the new axle is a perfect fit.   This will work out well.

DSC_3633.JPG (1536552 bytes)

My Brother-in-law welded the spring seats in place for me.  when I got home with the axle it was 100% on the mark

frame strip.jpg (2378654 bytes)

Here the old axle is still in place.  When I removed the old axle the U-Bolts snapped off under slight torque on the ratchet.

 

DSCN0003.JPG (671902 bytes)

The New Axle is bolted in place.   All I can do for now is manually strip the frame by hand.  I bought top-notch paint remover but it is useless in this cold weather.  Before I can start construction of the trailer body I must strip and paint the frame. There are 3 layers of paint on this frame.  The top coat was black then green then white then primer.   For now Things are waiting on warmer days.

                                                                                                                  

DSCN0001.JPG (744174 bytes)

Brakes Installed

DSCN0008.JPG (787818 bytes)

Brake drum bearing installation

 

 

DSCN0002.JPG (721672 bytes)

primer and top coat being applied

DSCN0005.JPG (338127 bytes)

This concludes the frame prep short of welding on a new draw bar on the front end.  I will leave that till I have the new rims and tires so I can match the hitch and have this trail level. Here I have a test tire with a 14" rim.  I don't like it as the deck is to high. I will need to work out the tire size at a later date. Now we move on to

 

Decking and side walls

Trailer Build Home

Kasperwing Home